Opening Week Recap
One of our favorite backpacks belongs to 8th grader, Destiny Batista
We are happy to report that our opening week was an amazing few days here at Swampscott Middle School! It is so great to have all of our students back with us, smiling and eager to learn. We have been in awe of the positive attitudes of our students, and the tireless work ethic of our teachers. The first few days are always filled with locker stress, scheduling glitches, and general nerves, but because the entire SMS community has come together, we believe that everyone is headed into the long weekend feeling happy and proud to be a part of this school!
A few moments, in particular, have stood out among the rest and we wanted to share them:
- During 7th-grade lunch two days in a row, a couple of students went out of their way to sit with students who were alone
- Students helping to pick up trash in the cafeteria without being asked
- A group of 7th-graders asking a new student to sit with them at lunch
- So many kids responding to our morning greetings by asking how we are and wishing us a good day
- An 8th-grade boy helping a classmate with her locker combination while he was waiting for his to be fixed
- Pleases and thank yous in the lunch line
- Thanking teachers as students exit classes
- Working diligently on summer reading projects and the first lessons of the school year
- And who could forget the incredible rap by one of our 8th-grade students about his teachers during the afternoon announcements on Thursday! EPIC.
Thanks to everyone for a fabulous start, and have a wonderful long weekend! We will see you on Tuesday.